Discovering purpose in action
Forward-thinking businesses continue to realize the benefits of discovering, defining, and promoting a purpose. Here are a collection of posts that help shine a light on what these organizations continue to uncover and advance.
5 posts on purpose
- A post on Harvard Business Review shows how conscious businesses outperform traditional businesses financially while also creating other forms of well-being. Read about it in “Conscious Capitalism” Is Not an Oxymoron.
- A brand purpose can help improve hiring, sales, and risk management. Check out the details in the Fast Company post – It's Time That For-Profits Start Learning From Nonprofits: Here's How.
- 42% would pay extra for products and services from companies committed to positive social and environmental impact. Here are some great companies that are recognizing the power of purpose in an Econsultancy post – Cause marketing: Examples from Uber, Starbucks & JetBlue.
- Ask people to imagine what achieving your purpose looks like in their everyday goals, and it becomes concrete. This thought is part of an interesting post about putting your purpose into action that can be found on the EY website called The power of purpose.
- Purpose only means something when your entire company values and responds to it. If your employees don’t believe it, how can you expect your customers to believe it? Read the full Fast Company post – Does Your Company's Purpose Resonate With Everyone, Or Just Senior Leaders?