7 qualities of a quality writer
I was asked recently what qualities I look for when hiring a writer at our firm. Here's the list. It comes from years of working in the agency business, and having the opportunity to hire and work with some very talented writers.
- Journalistic - objective with a healthy dose of constructive cynicism. This person really wants to understand why an idea, concept, feature, etc. has merit.
- Visual - this person understands the power of visual communication and wants to contribute visual ideas during the process.
- Imaginative - this person lives for finding interesting and arresting ways to communicate an idea.
- Fearless - willing to tackle any assignment. This person is adventurous and not afraid of making mistakes.
- Resourceful - a researcher by nature. This person wants to learn and expand skills and knowledge.
- Curious - this person wants to learn about new things, from software to social channels to new tools and more.
- Collaborative - this person realizes that the best ideas most often come from great collaboration.